Friday, July 08, 2005

JEREMIAH
I sit and watch you sleeping.
Your big brown eyes lost in peaceful dreams.
I touch your face with my fingertips.
My sweet child.
A little spark of heaven,all wrapped up in you.
"I love you mommy,"the sweetest words ever spoken.
You grew inside of me for the most wonderfully horrible nine months of my life.
I felt you move,heard your strong little heartbeat.
And i knew what a miracle really was.
God whispered your name to my soul and there you were.
Your birth was the most incredible thing i've ever experienced.
Ten little fingers,ten chubby toes...perfect angel face.
It took most of my inner strength and most of my outer beauty to give you life.
But you have enriched my exsistence in countless ways.
The sound of your laughter,your smile that lightens the earth,and your heart so pure and forgiving-always teaching me what true love is.
You never cease to amaze me.
I cherish every day,every moment shared with you.
I haven't always made the right choices.
I've caused you pain,made you cry.
I'm sorry for every tear you shed from my mistakes.
I'm sorry for everytime your heart has broken from my wrong doing.
Though I cannot change the past,I can strive for a better future.
I can promise to love you as long as eternity deems.
They say,"Mother is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all children."
Well,"Child is the name for love on the lips and hearts of all mothers."
Your first day of school you cried out for me...I cried the whole way home.
I'm the one you run to when you're scared,sad,or lonely.
Your face is what i see when i'm feeling lost.
What I cling to when I feel like I dont want to go on.
Jeremiah...you are my love,my joy,my strand of sanity,my strength,my weakness,my heart,my soul,my salvation,my son.
Flesh of my flesh,blood of my blood.
You are a reflection of all the good things in me.
And I love you so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Backgrounds